Very often my users asks that a specific report has to be executed periodically and they want the results to be automatically delivered to their email.
I am going to show you how to do that using the SAP Distribution Lists. There are other ways, but here is one very straight and forward.
In this example I will schedule the MB5S report (List of GR/IR Balances) to run periodically and the results will be sent via email to the email address that I select. With the following steps, you can do that with nearly all reports.
Create Distribution Lists
- Click on Create Folder:
- Enter Folder Name and Description. Complete the other attributes in this screen.
- Click Continue on the screen above and below:
- Type the Name and Description to the distribution list and select the folder (they don’t need to have the same name)
- Click on view: Distr. List content
- Enter all email recipients as below:
- Click button Save (this is not transportable, it has to be created in the client (PRD for example)
Create the Job
- Go to MB5S (or any other report you want to send the results via email to the user)
- Enter the selection criteria
- Create a Variant
- Select your variant
- Go to Menu -> Program -> Execute in Background
- Click “Continue”
- Click Date/Time
- Select a start date and time
- Select the checkbox “Periodic” and click on Periodic Values
- Define how often this job will run (that will define how often your user will get an email too)
- Once you have selected the period, click button SAVE and then SAVE again.
Assign Distribution List to the Job
- Go to SM37 and search for your Job
- Select your job and go to Menu -> Job -> Change
- Click Spool List Recipient
- Click on recipient and look for Distribution lists, pick the one that you created, hit enter and click Copy
- The Job will run in the date and time you have selected and once the job finishes the emails selected in the distribution list will get the results, example below:
That’s it. Easy and will work with any report that can be scheduled to run in background.
© Leandro da Pia Nascimento and SAPBR.COM WordPress.com, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Leandro da Pia Nascimento and SAPBR.COM with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.